Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Toasts All Around!

I did it! I've kept my New Year's Resolution! I started this week with still a fourth of my book left. I panicked for a moment when I realized I had only till tonight at 11:59 to finish it in order to keep my New Year's Resolution. But with the support of my hubby and good ol' Fauf-determination, I finished it last night! I don't know if I was more excited to finish the book and find out the end, or to keep my resolution! Oh well, I'm quite excited. And now I get a little day off, then tomorrow starts book #3 for Feb (to be announced).

Book Review:
The Mysterious Benedict Society, a children's novel. Basically it's about these gifted orphans who get hired by this genius who needs to overthrow his twin brother from taking over the world. The evil twin has set up a school to mask his operation of using children in his evil schemes. So our gifted youngsters (the MB Society) enroll undercover to discover the villain's plot and thwart him.

It was good, the characters were memorable, but it was a little slow. The author could have sped things up more. The last few chapters were the best. And with the villain escaping there could be a sequel, although I don't think the author was THAT good to pull off another book. But it was for the most part entertaining. And the last revelation delighted me so much, I laughed out loud and smiled every time I thought about it. It was ridiculous!

Fauf's overall rating: B

(No, I don't use any ridiculous food-ratings that some bloggers do. JK)

2 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Congrats on finishing the book. We're all very excited to see what your next choice is...although I think we discussed in on Wednesday???

Anyway, did you write about the book on goodreads? Did you, Farah, did you???

12:10 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

This is slander toward your poor poopsie husband. Don't you be mean little lady! I like food ratings!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home