Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Report Card Time

This week is parent/teacher conferences, you know those conferences between parents and teachers where they get together and conference about their children. Talking with some of these moms and dads about their kids and how they see their kids in comparison to how I see them has gotten me thinking. It's gotten me thinking about those little Shaws to come. What kind of mom will I be to my kid's teacher? Will I be the mom who brings in every scrap of paper her child has brought home from school every single day of the past 3 months? (true story). Or will I be the mom who sighs in relief when she sees that her son actually got some A's? (true again). Or will I be the mom who tells the teacher some funny dark secret about another mom in the class? (yep). I wonder. What kind of kid will be mine in that classroom? Will my kid be the student who makes the teacher laugh, makes the teacher fall in love with her, makes the teacher shrug her shoulders and say "That's just who he is", or make the teacher want to call in sick so she doesn't have to talk to me about this horrible child of mine! Again I wonder. It will be interesting to be on the other side of the conference table some day, having been the teacher today.

Yeah, I don't think you can expect any little Shaws anytime soon...I'm not quite ready to find out those things I wonder!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Star light,star bright,you'll be a mom who's outa sight.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, your kids are going to be a bunch of goobs.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great! Interesting









Your blog is great! Interesting and entertaining.

Out of Towner

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, your totally pregnant arent you? quite lying to us all. Reveal the truth!
~Parker

11:47 PM  
Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Farah, are you sure your confences are this week? Aren't they next week, or a month from now. Are you already preparing for NEXT year's confrences? I know the truth, there's no hiding now.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

OMG. You can rest assured that your kids are going to be hilarious. Cleo told me. :o)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home