Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, January 25, 2008

R.A.I.N.

Here's another four-letter word to add to the list:
RAIN!
Wow, has Santa Maria ever had this much rain? I'm asking all you natives, because I've been here only a year and half, and so far this is the first major rain I've experienced here. I know it's great for the land...blah...blah...blah (Hey! Another four-letter word!) But it's not all that great for 22 little third graders who have energy! Luckily this was a short week with Monday off and Friday being a 1/2 day. We've done exercises in class and played four-corners and board games, but even that gets a little old after four days. Oh, well, it's the weekend and let's just pray the rain moves on by Monday or I will have to do some serious brainstorming on how to keep my students moving and happy. Any ideas? Here's my brainstorming list as of now:

Set up an obsticle course with desks and chairs and textbooks (could be messy)
Time relay races ATOP the desks (I'm sure that would get me fired.)
Build a fort in the story corner (There's probably some law against building fortresses during wartime)
Set up a miniature golf course with books and thumbtacks (dangerous?)

I'm out....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pray...Starlight-Starbright-May any more rain come only at night.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's storm watch 2008 Farah, embrace it. You should make a cd about rain and make your class listen to it while playing heads up 7 up.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,soft rain music and heads up 7 up! Jen "reigns"
again.... DR.DO-LITTLE

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say your fort idea is the best, Fauf. I set up a fort in my preschool room once and it was the best thing ever. Then they could read and pretend they were in Narnia or something... Well, I guess that only works if you don't have a curriculum to work with. Oh well..

8:16 AM  
Blogger Morgan Jane said...

I think the fort idea is golden. I mean, who doesn't love a fort? We used to build them in college even. As for this rain nonsense, at least it's not feet and feet of snow!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the records show that Farah got her adult love for forts from her famous ex-roomie Jen. Admit it Farah, I brought the fort back in your life. I need royalties, royalties I say!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home