Confessions of a Fauf

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Before and After

This blog contains 2 parts: the first being a celebration of the New Year, and the second being a reflection of the old year.

Happy New Year, welcome 2008, hooray, blah blah blah. Yes, I'm excited, but honestly there's not much to say on this topic of this brand new year, because after all it's not nearly old enough to have anything exciting happening in it yet. It's kind of like a newborn; you're excited it's finally born, you marvel at how cute, etc. but then after that there's not much to say about it--it's quite boring. I have to say though, so far these first few hours of the New Year have been fulfilling, starting the year 2008 off right. I slept in, watched an old black and white, ate fig Newtons and Cheez-Its for breakfast, and played a round of Scrabble with my love. Then I started a load if laundry. Rock on 2008!

Goodbye old year of 2007. I believe that this part of the blog will be more exciting because there is much more to discuss regarding the old year. It's like a toddler who is learning to talk and is exploring the world around them--they're so interesting and exciting! So just to recap the old year, here is a list of my favorite things in 2007:

Winter: engagement, Gilmore Girls marathons with roomie Jenn, Feb. date on a train to Santa Barbara, buying my wedding dress.

Spring: engagement, walks to IHOP for dinner with roomie Jenn, surprise bday party in my classroom, mailing the wedding invitations.

Summer: the Nest, Disneyland with roomie Jenn, welcoming baby Toey into the world, that glorious wedding day, suicidal Billy.

Autumn: marriage, Mon. nights with roomie Jenn, my delightful students, watching Halloween movies, boof

Winter: marriage, Christmas in the Nest, watching 30 Rock with roomie Jenn, using my cookie spritzer press, sleeping in

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked-Wendy-Wild Moments and Away You Go!...Welcome 2008.... Thanks for the great blogs.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You were most def one of favorite things in 2007. Love you

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we love the year 2008, but we miss your blog. I mean it has been 8 days since your last post... I'm just saying my bride..

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home