Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Much Ado to Santa Maria

Is it possible to miss a place the minute you leave it? I'm sure it is.
It seems like the moment you step out the magical gates of Disneyland after a magical day, you miss Disneyland and want to return.
Or the minute you board the plane and gaze out the window upon the glorious city of Rome, you miss it and want to live there.
These are two very special places to me that I miss all the time. Well, there is a third place I've added in my heart. Believe it or not, it's Santa Maria. The moment I drive south on the 101 towards LA, I miss Santa Maria and can't wait to return. Even though I have a wonderful time visiting family and friends, I miss Santa Maria. But unlike Disneyland and Rome, Santa Maria is home. And that is why it merits this blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Oh my, you are so lovely. And you so need to be living here in Santa Maria... Especially this weekend, seeing that this weekend EVERYTHING happened. We even had a gathering at your house! TRAGIC!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh my, you are so lovely. And you so need to be living here in Santa Maria... Especially this weekend, seeing that this weekend EVERYTHING happened. We even had a gathering at your house! TRAGIC!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Our house is definitely a home... :o) Because it has so much love in it! Soakin' it up with our sould mates. :o)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home