Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, June 26, 2006

Chapter 18

Another chapter just closed in my life. I have retired my white 1997 Honda Accord and have updated to a 2006 Toyota Corolla! I am VERY excited. It was a great bargain. God is so gracious! Yet while I am celebrating this new chapter in my life, I must be sensitive to the feelings of my faithful white companion of so many years. In honor of my 'one accord', I must pen a beautiful eulogy.

Not much is known about Accord's early childhood, except to say it came from a family of good breeding, the Honda dynasty. But like so many good souls in this cruel world, Accord went through a trying time of abuse. Not wanting to focus too much on this sad tale, it must be said that brighter days were ahead. Accord ended up at a city auction where a pleansant owner set out to purchase it. At first Accord went through the line up and was sold to a menacing old man for $7000. The pleasant buyer was very disappointed, for she could not afford to bid higher than $7000. However, the Accord was meant to be hers, for the menacing old bidder backed out. Accord ran through the line up a second time. This time the pleasant bidder bid against an Asian buyer. They bid back and forth. Finally the bid got to $6000, the highest the pleasant bidder was able to go. The Asian buyer backed down and Accord was hers!

Accord enjoyed its pleasant owner who took it on many exciting trips as far away as the romantic city of Santa Maria. Accord served her faithfully for many years, rendering many fond memories. But like all great souls, Accord was doomed to mortality. Accord has aged considerably over the years so was not hurt when the pleasant owner decided to purchase a new car. Accord now enjoys retirement making local trips with the pleasant owner's benevolent brother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Congrats Farah!!!! I can't wait to meet your new friend and confidant. :o)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

So listen... I never commented on this which is odd cause pretty much I look at your blog everyday. But listen, what happened to you? Where is the new blog baby? I miss it! Bring it back.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home