Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Last Line

It is down to the last hour of my residency here in Southern California, specifically Redlands and Yucaipa. For the past three days I have taken up temporary residence at the Drazin house, where I have hung out with my family (or what's left of them--Noelle and Eric are on mission trips, Micah and Dad work during the day, so that leaves me and Mom and Andrew and the two puppies). I've been sleeping on top of Noelle's bed because it's too bloggin' hot to sleep in it. Everywhere we go, including the bathroom, we take an electric fan with us. The only time we venture outside is when the sun is going down. We sit on the lawn and play with Skye and Beau (the pups) who are very lively at that time of the day. It's been great fun sweating the days away...NOT. And I've been sick. What a way to leave home with a bang. But despite the physical discomforts, it has been a blessed last few days at home. So now as I prepare to leave for my new home tomorrow, I've decided to come up with some last lines of good-bye for S. Cal. However, it is too hot to be creative, so I will just steal some great last lines from the silver screen!

"Because all children grow up. Except one."--Wendy Darling

"After all, tomorrow is another day!"--Scarlet O'Harra

"May the Force be with you. Always."--Star Wars

"To infinity, and beyond!"--Buzz Lightyear

"Now, bring me that horizon!"--Jack Sparrow

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow... I can't wait for you to get here!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, that Pirates line really is quite awesome! Golly, i love pirates. We of the Farah Group salute the Drazin family (and puppies) for raising a wonderful lass, whom Santa Maria now prepares to formerly adopt. Well done.
~Parker

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home