Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Aslan Is On the Move

Narnia is here!

Last Tuesday, Narnia came to the world again. I was in the middle of passing out peanuts for my students to snack on during SAT testing. Tino started to munch and then quoted our beloved dwarf, "Num-nums!" I suddenly stopped and gasped and exclaimed, "Today is April 4! Narnia is out today!" All my students cheered. Then we went back to boring testing and salty peanuts.

On Thursday, our class went on a field trip to Albertson's (which is right across the street from our school) (Hey, do not judge Albertson's--it was a great trip.) As we gathered around our tour guide, Nathan suddenly spotted three TVs up on the wall. "Miss Drazin, they're playing Narnia!" he whispered with much excitement. Pretty soon my whole class was staring up at the screens watching Mr. Tumnus and Lucy's first meeting. They were more excited about that than our tour guide at the moment. I did my best to re-focus them to her. But honestly, I really wanted to stay and watch Mr. Tumnus and Lucy have tea.

On Friday, a good number of my students bragged that they had bought Narnia and had already watched it a few times. They were shocked that I had not yet gotten it. I did start to feel very left out. And I started to feel really anxious about seeing all the special features! That night I mentioned it to my mom, and she told me not to worry, that I would be getting it for my birthday. Hooray! But sadly my birthday isn't till Easter!

Oh well, things are sweeter when you wait longer for them. And waiting to watch Narnia is as sweet as Turkish delight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I almost bought turkish delight today, but I didn't.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home