Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, March 13, 2006

Confessions of a Fauf

This past weekend I was victim to the ever nasty ever ugly COLD. My family had been passing it around for two weeks, but I had steered clear of them. Then last Thursday night, having been reassured that the bug had left the Drazin house, I ventured over for dinner. BIG MISTAKE. After hanging out with them, I headed back home. And I had no sooner gotten into my car and left the Drazin house, when I felt...what was this? A scratchy throat? I was sure it was nothing to be alarmed of. WRONG! To say the least, I caught a cold in a matter of 24 hours and spent my weekend with it. Being the ever optimistic person that I try to be and being the ever organized person I am who likes lists, I decided to make a list of the top ten reasons why it may actually be fun to be sick (as long as it does not exceed a weekend's time. Thankfully, I was back to work today, sounding horrible but feeling okay).
1. You have a legitimate excuse for looking like a bum
2. You can veg on the couch in front of the TV without any guilt whatsoever
3. People actually encourage you to be a vegging bum (even those people in your life who usally condemn you for it)
4. You can impersonate deeper voices
5. You don't have to take out the trash because you can't smell anyting rotten, or anything for that matter
6. You have a natural blush to your cheeks--no make-up needed
7. You get an extra dose of prayers from everyone
8. You have an excuse for not talking to people who annoy you
9. You have crazy dreams instigated by NyeQuil
10. You get to write a silly blog like mine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I didn't know anyone else had crazy dreams when they took nyquil, maybe it's because we're bff's. :o)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Is that how you REALLY spell NyQuil? It looks odd ball. But then again I am an odd ball.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Nyquil (i just checked, trust me on this). And yes you are an Oddball michael. Oh and hey Farah! how are you? so rude of me to comment on other peoples comments and not say howdy. And oh dear me, this is my first comment! i wish to make it memorable but am not sure how. Well, hopefully cold medicines have put you in a hallucinagenic state wherein you have no idea who is commenting on your blog (also, i could just not leave a name, but thats not what BFF's do, no sir).
Cheers!
~Parker

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home