Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Where Is My Heart?

I feel like I just got home from a mission trip. If you have been on a mission trip, you know the feeling. If you have not, then I will try to explain it.
When you get home from a mission trip, you usually have a bigger culture shock at home than you do overseas. You walk around for a few days as if in a daze as you try to come off the high of the mission trip. All you can think about is the great places you explored, the native people you connected with, and the amazing miracles God did. You long to go back, feeling a connection overseas, and feeling as if you are the alien at home. You were taken from your familiar comfort zone; and you realize once you're back in it that it isn't really a zone, but a box...a box you don't quite fit anymore. What has happened to you? Simple. You left your heart overseas.

I have not returned from a mission trip, but I feel like I have. Over the weekend, I explored new places, I connected with incredible people, and I witnessed God's Hand move in amazing ways. And now I am back in my box...a box I don't fit anymore. I am realizing I don't belong here anymore. I am walking around in a daze, missing everything over there. What has happened to me? Simple.

I left my heart in Santa Maria.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Awww... that's the sweetest thing ever. I miss you a ton girl! I wish you were here... But yeah... Your blog sounds like a song.

I left my heart in Santa Maria,
With a piece of tri-tip on a tortilla.
The wind blew and blew, it blew so hard
The Shaw's house has a real big yard
The sofa in that house is a funny kind of leather,
But really there could be none that are better.
So, I'll move on up, to old Santa Maria
My heart is there with tri-tip on a tortilla.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as you move on DON'T forget where you came from,dungeons, friendship sticks, pratt moments,and exploring new realsm like coldplay lifehouse

10:10 PM  
Blogger redbullgang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? i mean, i can understand the allure of a certain Mr. Shaw, but Santa Maria? Really? Well, hopefully this town will be much improved by your prescence (and may that day come soon, for Michaels sake if not for Santa Maria)
~Parker

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home