Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh the Randomness of It All!

I know that God is in control of my life, of the future, of my circumstances. And I know that God is a God of order. So then why have I been encountering random moments? Perhaps it's God's sense of humor. Or perhaps it's just me thinking they are random because I don't usually notice these things. Or perhaps....I don't know, but I've decided to keep a record of random moments of my life.

1. A mallard duck swimming in my apartment pool. It glanced at me, quacked, and paddled across the pool. The nerve of some ducks!
2. A 79 year old man from Holland sitting across from me at Barnes and Noble. He asked me what I was reading. I told him my Bible. This launched a discussion of languages, capitalism, and bratty children--don't ask how they related but somewhow they did!
3. A teenager whizzing past the office window on a little buzzing scooter, going at least 5 mph--on the sidewalk!
4. My student Arian noticing and commenting "Miss Drazin has blemishes". She found me out--I am not perfect!
5. A man pretending to bump his nose on a door I just opened--for a moment I was horrified, thinking his face will never be the same. Then he laughed, thank goodness!

Isn't life fun?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey look no posted here yet- a blank canvas - this is like an artist dream- well maybe more like a taggers dream. To bad you can't use multi color posting comments

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home