Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, April 03, 2006

Results of the Try Outs

First of all, I must say thank you for all you good sports who competed. Next, special recognition goes to the Anonymous Poster who gave me a summer memory book full of quotes--that can never be topped. Special recognition also goes to Michael Shaw who cheated. However, because he was honest about cheating (yes, that does make sense), he is not entirely disqualified. Here is how the rating goes: one point for each submitted quote that I knew. One point for each movie that I have seen from which you quoted. And 1 point for the greatness of that particular quote. So here goes...

Michael Shaw: 2 points for the Wedding Singer quote (I saw the movie and it was a good choice of quotes. But I do not remember it.)
Jen: 3 points for the Napoleaon Dynamite quote (I saw the movie, I knew the quote, and it's one of the best from that movie!)
Parker: 2 points for the Robin Hood quote ( I saw the movie, and it's a great line, but I don't really remember it). 3 points for the Star Wars quote (I saw the movie a billion times, I knew the quote like the back of my hand, and it's one of the most memorable quotes from Han)
I am also tempted to give a point for the Life of Brian quote only because it's a Monty Python quote. But I must be honest that I have not seen that one, so I didn't recognize it, and therefore cannot rightly judge if it's one of the great quotes from that movie.

Final results:
Parker got the gold--we shall hang out when I need to let off some good quoting
Jen got the silver--you have much potential and as we become better BFFs, you will learn to develop that potential into greatness!
Michael got the bronze--there are so many other amazing things about you that you need not beat yourself up over this. This was strictly a contest and the results do not in any way change the way I feel about you! "It's not personal, it's business" --You've Got Mail quoting the Godfather (what a great thing when movies quote other movies!)

"Adieu, adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow!" --Willy Wonka

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow, I've never received a medal before!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

What are the prizes even?

11:54 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Seriously, I was thinking about this. And are you just giving me a pity trophy? I mean, yeah I'm your boyfriend, but are you just thinking, "Wow, those are the worst movies ever. I can't believe he quotes from them." or are you really awarding me a prize. I'm just saying. Let's keep it real here.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Michael, I must admit those were my thoughts: "Wow, those are the worste quotes ever. I can't believe he quotes them." But the fact that you got an award has nothing to do with who you are in my life. I had to be honest about the points I gave and they resulted in an award. Rest assured you did earn in fair and square.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ok, what was up with the troop bev. hills quote? I was definitely happy to see the wedding singer represented, but seriously. I'm just saying.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa...i won...i have no idea how i won. I never win. This is so unexpected..i mean, i dont know what to say...I would like to thank the academy for this award, and of course all those guys who were nominated and deserved it so much more. I would also like to thank the little people i stepped on to get up here today! Thank you all so very much!
~Parker

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home