Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Try Outs

So the cat is basically out of the bag about my moving up to Santa Maria. I am very excited. But there is one thing that is starting to worry me a little. It has to do with my gift for quoting movies. Don't laugh. It is a gift because as I have come to discover, not everyone can do it. I will be leaving my sister who is my greatest quoting companion. I must find other quoting companions so I do not have to call her up all the time to let off some quotes.
Anyways, I need to start scouting for good movie quoters that I can hang out with when I move to Santa Maria. So I am holding Quoters' Try-outs. Please list your top favorite quotes and the movies they are from. Then try to guess which movies the following quotes are from. They range from common to obscure. Ready...set.... GO!

1. "I am your father!"
2. "Do not cite the deep magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written."
3. "You never learned to mind your surroundings!"
4. "It's called a lance, hello!"
5. "What we do in life echoes in eternity!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

OK... I got it:

1. Star Wars
2. Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. Batman Begins
4. A Knights Tale (praise God for quote searchers)
5. Gladiator (praise God for Google searches)

And as for mine (ok these could be the worst movies of all times, but I've seen all of them about 50 times so they resonate in my head):

1. Flames, flames. Heaving, breathless, breathing, at the sides of my face SO big. Flames. (Clue)
2. Annie Herman boy-yoi-yoing! (Troop Beverly Hills)
3. TV rots your brains. (Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead)
4. I know what's in there. It's peanut butter isn't it ma? (Back to the Beach)
5. Even women are possessions to him. (The Wedding Singer)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ok, I'm only completely sure that the first one is from star wars. I too have a love for the art of movie quoting, although I think you are far better than I. Here are my top 5. And I'm sure that once we become better bff's, you can teach me more oh great one. :o)
1)"What is this? A center for ants?! How can the children be expected to read, when they can't even fit inside the building? This building has to be at least 3 times this size!"(Zoolander)
2)"I myself am, strange and unusual." (Beetlejuice)
3)"Do you think someone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm waerin' these bad boys?! Forget about it!" (Napoleon Dynamite)
4)"Greg's Jewish." "Oh really, so was JC!" (Meet the Parents)
5)"At least my parents didn't name me after bottled water Evian!" (Superstar)

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

considering one of us gave you a summer memory book full of movie quotes it might be difficult to replace me, lowey and sauce - those are some BIG shoes to fill- but you never know because they are little feet

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/tgreen0518/jimdance9ob5zy9gu.gif

what movie is this from?

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. "This was no boating accident!" (Jaws)
2. "We must tax these musical peasants" (Robin Hood)
3. "Who are you calling scruffy looking?" (The Empire Strikes Back)
4. "Fweee Wodger!" (Life of Brian)
5. "It's not personal; it's buisness" (The Godfather)
~Parker

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home