Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Through the Looking Glass

Well, folks, I did it. I kept my New Year's resolution: to read at least one book a month. I feel very accomplished, enriched, and empowered that I not only kept a resolution, but I that I read books this year! Here is a list of all that I read this year. I decided to use just a quick star-rating, encouraging you to check them out if you haven't already.

January kicki-off: The Mysterious Benedict Society **
February-March: The Lord of the Rings trilogy ****
April: A Study in Scarlet & The Sign of the Four (Sherlock Holmes) ****
May: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey ** and Freaky Friday **
June: Grace in Thine Eyes ***
July: The Scarlet Pimpernel **** and The Importance of Being Ernest **** and the Chronicles of Narnia series ***
August: Twilight series ***
September: The Dumb Witness (Agatha Christie mystery) **
October: Dealing with Dragons *** and The Westing Game ***
November: Tales of Terror from the Black Ship **** and Uncle Montegue's Tales of Terror ****
December: The Tale of Despereaux *** and currently the Count of Monte Cristo ****

I plan to continue this resolute in 2009 in hopes of making it a habit. And now for an '09 resolution....Hmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going! Don't know how you do it but am in awe of your energy and many wonderful accomplishments. Best wishes for a sparkling 2009. A FAN

12:11 AM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

have you read the Secret Life of Bees....it should be on the list.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home