Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spirit Week

This week at school has been Spirit week. Each day was assigned a different theme. Monday was pajama day, so we all got to wear our cozy PJ's and I let my students take their shoes off in class. Tuesday was twin day, so Mrs. Klein (the other 3rd grade teacher) and I dressed as twins. Wednesday was Future day--I was going to come in with a pillow under my shirt as if I am pregnant, but there are too many rumors going around school that I really am pregnant and I didn't want anyone taking the costume out of context (BTW I am NOT pregnant and don't plan on it for another year or so). Thursday was Prep Rally day where everyone dressed in school colors--it was pretty funny to see all these white and blue clad children out at recess. You'd think we were running some kind of cult or something (nope, don't go there!). Friday is Crazy Hair day, and I kind of cringe at what my students might come into class with. Over all, it's been fun for the kids, but a little annoying for the teachers because the kids get all hyped-up about it.

But I was thinking that maybe we should have Spirit-type weeks for adults for everyday life. Here's a schedule I came up with, and if enough of you want to participate, then I'll write to Congress or whoever else is in charge of establishing holidays and ask them to add it to next year's calendar:

Monday: weekend day--everyone continues to enjoy a weekend, wearing comfy weekend-type clothes, sleeping in, and not going to work at all.

Tuesday: favorite store day--everyone dons the uniform/colors of their fave store, goes in, and tries to get free-bees because obviously your their greatest fan (I'm thinking Starbucks or Target right now).

Wednesday: kid day--everyone dresses like a kid and engages in activities that only kids get to enjoy, like eating ice cream from the ice cream truck without guilt, jumping on the bed, and running through stores.

Thursday: politics day--everyone wears suits, holds their own debates and rants and raves about changes they want to make to this world while making promises they know are ridiculous.

Friday: celebrity day--everyone takes at least 10 items from their closets and creates an outfit that does not match but hopefully will be written about as trendy, and tramps around town signing babies' heads and carrying Starbucks.

Anyone able to get in the spirit of things yet?

5 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Celebrity day...I LOVE IT! "...tramps around town signing babies' heads and carrying Starbucks." Oh my goodness, Farah, you're hysterical.

And I TOTALLY think adults should have a spirit week. I'm in.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

I will provide the green apron! and a mug pin if you're lucky (o;

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about an even longer bash?...Starting with Holy Spirit Sundays and Singing In The Sunshine (Or Rain) Saturdays at Waller Park...Parker could provide the security and falsetto.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ok whatever that last comment was about, a hug? Anywho, I tried to get my co-workers to go along with a type of spirit week at work. Turns out it would be "unprofessional." When I worked at Jamba we had crazy hat day every friday. I miss those days. You're livin' the dream Farah.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triple kudos to jen- loyal, loveable, and fun!!! Where have all the jesters gone? xxx Spirit of 'Ol Saint Pat

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home