Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Monica and I

"Four weeks, baby, four weeks!"--Monica to Chandler before their wedding, Friends.

Everyone stop one moment and look at the calendar. Any calendar will do--a Napoleon Dynamite tear away, a lady bug day planner, an Office hanging wall calendar, an ancient Egyptian notch system, anything. Note the date today; that's right! It's June 7. Now count the weeks till the next 7th of some month (namely, July). Yes, four weeks, or one month. And what's happening on the next 7th? I'm getting married!

"I'm so happy for me!"--Monica as she comes out in her wedding dress.

So call me Monica Ghellar. I don't have a huge wedding binder organized by color, organized geographically or alphabetically. And I don't have a little small-scale model of the seating chart. And I did not tackle and pin down another bride for my wedding dress! But I am aware that my wedding is four weeks away and I have no qualms about reminding others of that. And I am brainstorming ideas of where I can wear my wedding dress again after the fact. And most importantly (and most like Monica), I am marrying my best friend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You can totally wear your dress anywhere! The grocery store, bowling, to the doctor, live it up. :o)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay i'm so excited for you guys!! I'm with Jen, you can wear your dress anywhere!! :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

have a "you can wear it again" party...guys where old suits gals prom/bridesmaids/wedding dresses

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home