Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, March 05, 2007

Claim to Fame

So I know lots of you have heard me mention my grandma before and her legendary work with Hollywood. Okay, so maybe she wasn't a legend to the world, but she is definitely a legend to us Drazins. For about 20 years she worked as an extra on movies. This week when I visited her, I talked to her more about her experiences. She said it was the greatest experience she ever had. We also looked at a bunch of old black and white photos of her in stylish outfits, posing. These pictures she used in her acting portfolio. She looks so glamorous and gorgeous in these photos (she still is beautiful). As I spent time with her and looked at these pictures, I definitely felt some pride for her, and established her as a true Hollywood legend. If you are interested in sharing in this legend, then rent the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn. In the party scene at Audrey's apartment, she is the guest with flaming red hair, holding a drink and talking. She's in a few shots as the camera sweeps the room. Here's her resume:

Was in an Elvis Presley movie. She said that Elvis would hang out with the extras in between scenes and share jokes with them!

Was in a Henry Fonda movie. He said something very nice to her.

Met Jerry Lewis and said he was obnoxious and rude. She said Dean Martin was nicer.

Audrey Hepburn was real sweet, but very focused on her lines.

Debbie Reynolds was sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Hey Farah! How is it going? I enjoy reading your blogs, they are fun. :) That is sooo cool about your Grandma! I just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's but now I need to watch it again to see your Grandma!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have a fun loving,legendary grandma!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home