Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Five Times the Love

I'm a firm believer in the whole theory on the Five Love Languages. It really makes sense. It's great when you learn what your love language(s) is and even greater when you learn others', so then you know how best to love them. Regardless of what your primary love language is, I think you should enjoy all five of them on Valentine's Day. I shared the day with my third graders and was pleasantly surprised to find that they loved me in all five areas!

Quality Time: I spent approx. 6 hours with them, talking to them, listening to them talk (not always at the right time). If that's not quality time, I don't know what is!

Verbal Affirmation: In English today they had to write three facts about their teacher (me). I had a bunch of them share what they wrote, and it was all very affirming. One student stated that I had good fashion sense, to which I said that may be an opinion, not a fact. But I still enjoyed hearing it!

Acts of Service: My students did thoughtful things today for me, like close the door on the way out of the classroom, find their practice clocks for math after I threatened to cry, and line up quickly with only a few warnings.

Physical Touch: I got lots of hugs from them today. They can be quite sweet and endearing.

Gifts: I got candy galore, a few lotion sets, a candle, a coffee mug, and an awesome paint can decorated with Tinker Bell.

I guess I am qutie blessed to have a job where I am loved in all five areas almost on a daily basis. Can't beat that!

PS. I am also blessed to have a four-day weekend (Fri-Mon)! Which also means no new blogs till next Tuesday. If you want something fresh to read till then, read The Adventure of the Pirates and the Scientist--hilarious book that I'm borrowing from Andrew!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED your blog on this Love Day! Your school kids are Blessed to have you. Over and outa here!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for speaking one of my love languages last night when you gave me a gift. Love you roomie!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home