Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, June 09, 2006

Apologies from a Fauf

It has been one week since my last confession. I am no longer working at my church office, so I do not so easily have internet access twice a week. Therefore my blogs will have to be limited to once a week. However, once school is out I will have more time to go to the library to update my confessions. Here are my latest:

Confession 1: I have been craving beverages this week like mad. Perhaps it's the hot weather, or the unnerving closeness of summer vacation. But I have needed a drink all the time. Any chance I get, I am buying myself drinks. I think I'm becoming a drink-aholic! Teas, coffees, juice, Otter Pops, water, you name it! Give me a drink!

Confession 2: I am SO over school. I have three more days to go, and then I'm officially over it. I can taste summer vacation. I'm yearning to stay up later. I'm pining to sit in coffee shops and read to my heart's content. Summer vacation cannot get here soon enough!

Confession 3: I'm still trying to define what a "goober" is. Michael uses that word to describe people all the time (even me at some times). But he won't define it for me. I think I might have met one the other day in Starbucks (when I was feeding my beverage binge). But I'm not sure....

Confession 4: I feel like a lost soul when I'm using the internet at the library. Smiley Library is beautiful and does make me smiley, but there are some strange people who come here to use the internet (maybe even some goobers). There are bag lady types, old bachelor types, annoying teen types. I wonder where I fit in? Or am I just a lost soul?

Confession 5: I am getting SO excited about moving to Santa Maria. And I'm VERY excited about visiting two (maybe three) weekends in a row! Hooray for summer vacation!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wait, your library is named smiley library? That's awesome. We totally need otter pops at our love nest. :o) I can't wait until you move here!!!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Farah, future resident of the Santa Maria Valley:
I feel it is my duty as bff of the bf, and as Executive Vice President for the "Farah Group", to inform you of certain lingo which may be particular to this somewhat strange and silly region. Case in point: Goober. Goober literally means "a goofy booger". For all practical definations, a "Goober" is a term of both affection and derision, depending on the target of said word. Mostly however, it is used to indicate a certain warmth toward the oddness of others, a sort of "hey, other people are funny too!" type statement.
I hope this clears things up for you. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Sincerely,
~Michael Steven Parker IV

8:44 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Yeah, exactly what Parker says. Except Kaleb says that it means testicles. So yeah... I decided I like the definition that Parker and I came up with. I miss you SO much!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home