Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, May 26, 2006

What Do Angel Wings, Blue Bods, and Chess Have In Common?

XMEN III!

(I chose to use Roman numerals for the 3 in attempts to be Logan's metal claw)

Last night (Thurs. going into Fri morning) was a night of many firsts for me.

It was my FIRST midnight showing I'd been to. Reason being that usually I am teaching when all the great movies are showing at midnight on a school night. But this Fri. was just an inservice day, so I decided to "Live it up!", as the endearing Mr. Shaw Sr. says.

It was my FIRST viewing of XMEN III. I need to see it one more time before I give a formal critique, but over all I liked it, but bottom line I didn't LOVE it like the other two XMEN fimls.

It was my FIRST major coffee hang-over in a long time. We got Starbucks so I could stay awake (usually I am falling asleep by 9:45pm on Thurs. nights as a general rule). The girl made the wrong frappuchino at first, so we got an extra free one. Too much, to say the least and I feel it today.

It was the FIRST time I wish I had mutant powers. I'm not exactly set on which power I want.
Angel wings would be amazing--I've always dreamt of flying. But then kind of awkward for a girl who likes to look cute in a dress!
Kitty's running through walls power would be very useful, especially since I tend to lock myself out of my classroom alot and then have to borrow other staff's keys.
Mystic's camelleon power would be great fun, and I love to impersonate people. But then having pure freakish ugliness as your original identity would be devastating!
Jean Grey's hot body and flaming hair are to be envied--oh wait, that wasn't her mutant super power!

Well, maybe I just need to create my own mutant powers. That would definitely be a FIRST for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Love it.

More details on my blog.

More time with Farah in ONE day.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

We should make it a point to go to the midnight showing of at least one movie every couple months... what do you think roomie?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh how I will miss you in 2 hours. Boo hoo..

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Jenn, that will be our tradition!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home