Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, May 22, 2006

I have to confess I've been getting cold feet about moving lately. Not that I don't want to move--I really want to and I do feel this is God's plan. But I had to be honest with myself that I am getting a little scared. Thanks to an AMAZING boyfriend who gave me all the encouragement I needed, I am back to being excited. But I've decided to come up with a list of great things about my moving to Santa Maria for me to refer back to when I may get discouraged again from now till August. Feel free to add to it--I need all the encouragement I can get!

1. Moderate weather all year round. None of this 35 degree weather in Feb. and 105 degree heat in July. Redlands is ridiculous!

2. No traffic! There is now traffic on the 10 frwy no matter what day, what time!

3. Close to the beach! No hour drive to the beach anymore.

4. A condo that is not above neighbors who are unnaturally close that I can never find!

5. A great roomie who is already my BFF!

6. A teaching job with a higher salary. I'll be able to afford real butter! JK

7. Being able to hang out with my SM friends instead of making imaginary dates over blogs!

8. Being a part of a college group again--something I have missed for over a year.

9. Finding out who are my true friends and family based on who visits me in SM and how often--one can never be too careful.

10. I saved the best for last! Having a REAL relationship with a great boyfriend; being a part of the world of someone who I think is amazing; sharing life with someone I adore-- Michael Shaw, I cannot WAIT to move!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Who are you? Seriously... I'm just saying I have totally fallen for you. You're just cute. And just think... ONLY 6 days and then I get to see you!!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I feel honored that I get to live with you. You can have some of my pb anytime you want. :o)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home