Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, May 08, 2006

Microscope on My Heart

The past weekend God has really been testing my heart and making me wait for alot of answers to my life. Like any weak human reliant upon God, I have breathed prayers and solicited close friends to pray with me. These are called prayer requests.

It's funny how in the moment when you are consumed by your issues and constantly in prayer about them, the whole world seems nonexistent, like you are the only person in the world that matters, that no other prayer requests matter. It seems your issues are too big to bear.

What a microscopic view you have of yourself and of life!

Then when the dust settles, when the issues are resolved, when God answers your prayers, you return to a healthier perspective. You back away from the microscope, and you see the bigger picture. You suddenly realize that your issues were not as heavy as you had thought. You realize that even your prayer requests were quite petty in light of this huge world and all its people. Your prayers were but a drop on the palm of God.

The beautiful thing is that though they are a mere drop, God never disregards them. He takes the time and power to peer into them with His microscope and answer them. And in doing so, He takes the microscope from us and gives us a broader view away from ourselves. Till all we see is HIM...

And that is how we can cope with life!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOF (the Belizian spelling)! I love your blog spot! One more reason, I wish I was you!

I always hated microscopes! I could never get my view right. Thanks for the reminder that I shouldn't be using one anyway-only He knows how.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn in Boots! Thanks for checking my blog out. No, I want to be YOU!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so this has nothing to do with your most current blog (which was very poetic i might add) but about a comment you left on Michael blog on the 8th of this month (which i just read). You said that michael and i could be characters on gilmore girls? which ones? Is michael Luke and i am Kurt? Just curious.
~Parker

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parker, I think that you and Michael could be your own characters. You don;t need to adopt other characters. You two are enough in and of yourselves!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home