Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, May 01, 2006

May Resolutions

As we all know, New Year's resolutions are ridiculous because we make them with high hopes for our amibitions, then by March we are left disillusioned by life. I never make resolutions--I make goals for the year. While I have been somewhat successful in meeting these goals (with God's grace), I tend to forget my goals mid-year. So perhaps the easier method of fulfilling goals is to set them monthly. And since today is the first day of a brand-new month and a brand-new May (we only get one May this year), I am feeling amibitious to set some goals for the month!

1. I will learn how to cook. My mom is leaving for a week to Michigan. I have volunteered to cook for my dad and brothers EVERY night she is gone! I will conquer this fear and triumph! (your prayers are coveted!)

2. I will finish the first three books in Lemony Snicket's 'Unforunate Events'. It may be excruciating, a word which here means painful to read horrific happenings to 'clever and reasonably attractive orphans'.

3. I will finish the ridiculous and redundant requirements to receive my teaching credential...without attacking our state's capital in protests against the hoops they make us jump through and the criminal amounts of paper they make us waste. (can you hear the vindictive tone? You will only understand this venting if you are in education).

4. I will try to get over the frustration of my long-distance relationship. However, this is not easily done since I miss Michael every stinkin' day (and can do nothing about it at present)! While I do hope that everyone can find an amazing person in the world to love, I do NOT hope that he/she lives more than 20 miles away from you.

5. I will write more insightful blogs that will make a difference in the world. (Okay, so this is lofty, but I need to have at least one 'save the world' ambition)

Happy New May!

PS In follow up to my last blog, I have not heard those unnaturally near neighbors since. But I am quite certain I am NOT crazy. (But then crazy people never think they're crazy, so...who knows.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ahh yes. New month is a good thing. Pretty much everyone should have something amazing happen at the first of the month. I am glad to know that someone (especially the sweetest girl on earth) else has things happen on the first of a glorious month.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, it looks like you had a luxurious (like the apartments we looked at) high school experience, if only I were so fortunate.
Ps-I have some more info about the Hough's condo, call me when you're ready. :o)

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, liked the new years res., I can't really cook either, but I like this site, Kraftfoods.com, cause it gives you quick ideas, or a general idea how to do stuff. Also if you sign up for their free mag, its fabulous!!! :)later! -Lisa Shaw (aka Ahlgren)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home