Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, October 02, 2009

OCTOBER

I know that officially autumn started last week. But I always feel that it really doesn't get going until October. That's when I swap my summer wardrobe for the autumnal one, full of orange and grown and tan. The Manor gets a fall make-over with garlands of leaves, spiced candles, and the all-time favorite pumpkin pillow. Recipes for pumpkin cookies and apple cider are dug out from the bottom of the recipe box. And Fauf makes more frequent visits to Starbucks, placing orders for pumpkin scones and pumpkin spice lattes. ::sigh::

I also love October because it's a month of anticipation. While enjoying all the flavors of fall, I also enjoy anticipating the holidays. Halloween comes howling at our door, and then Thanksgiving arrives, which means that Christmas is not too far off. Honestly, the most wonderful time of the year is not just Christmas, but the time span from October to January. It's full of holidays, vacations, yummies, family, and knitted wear.

Oh the bliss of it all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I wish I could bring out my fall clothes! It's still ridiculously hot down here :-/

8:16 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

yippee!!!! i made pumpkin choc chip pancakes this morning. get the mix at TJs ~(o; fa la la is officially in the air!!!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a delightful Fauf.
-ig

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emeralds are green
The autumn skies blue
You make us happy
We so love you


Happy October -
The Old Folks Home

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to coming to the manor to smell the spicy scents and taste the Latte- I have never had any kind of Latte before.
Love,
Rosie at the Old Folks Home

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, I love the Fall Fauf too.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home