Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, August 03, 2009

Time to Reflect




I've gotten over the intimidation of having my book out there--it's quite a vulnerable thing for me to have others read my writing. Now I'm just taking it all in as friends and family read it. I would appreciate any feedback on it. This will help me in planning and writing the sequel (which we will pursue publishing next year if all goes well with this first one) Here's what I'd like to know:

Your fave character(s)
Least fave character(s)
Fave part(s) of story
Least fave part(s) of story
What you think would be interesting in the sequel

Thanks so much! Leave your feedback here or on Facebook as an email (don't want to spoil it for others!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Your fave characters- Amelia, Cecily, and Headmaster
Least fave characters- I love them all. If there was one person who I think needs to be developed a little more it's Chad.
Fave parts of story- Opening breakfast scene, subtle spying that comes into play later on, A Jarring Discovery, moving shelves, and the "appearances" interwoven theme.
Least fave part of story- The First Hard Choice, I got a little angry at Rollie.
What you think would be interesting in the sequel- More Amelia! Everything we talked about especially the two new characters and the one who was briefly mentioned in book 1--I love the ideas for this character. Seeing more of the students' strengths and weaknesses.

VERY DELIGHTFUL! xoxox

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your book is very fun and entertaining....I'll send feedback when I'm done. Right now I like Rollie and,surprise, Eliot.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback, anonymous, but who are you? :)

FC Shaw

7:45 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

I am in Chapter 10...TBD!
But i love the mystery of the neighbor unfolding and let's be honest Rollie reminds me a bit of a certain someone!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an officially accepted new candidate to the S.A. who loves
all of this!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave characters are Rollie, Cecily, and Eliot.... All your characters are interesting and well conceived.
The entire book is really well written. I only recommend reworking Chapter 19. XOXO Dad Shaw

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Mr. Wilson - and that's a fact.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home