Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, June 05, 2009

This Blasted Economy

Lately I've felt like blog readership is down. I've noticed fewer comments not just on my blog, but on many of my friends' blogs as well. I'm wondering if this is just another area where we're seeing the effects of the economy. I mean, the economy is affecting everything, and now I think it might even be affecting blog readership! I suppose more people have to work more and have less time to read blogs, or maybe they're paying a tax on how many comments they leave and just can't afford to comment on everyone's. Who knows....

But I have been thinking that perhaps we can use the bad economy to our benefit. Perhaps we can start blaming more things on the economy. And I think people would take it as a valid excuse. Here are some ways you could use the bad economy as an excuse:

"Sorry I'm late. You know, that bad economy..."
"Dinner is a little over-cooked tonight. That darn economy!"
"I can't believe this economy! Today I had to cut in line!"
"I didn't get a chance to call you back because of the economy!"
"I can't afford to leave a comment in this economy."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Shaw said...

Jerry! So true, Jerry. So true!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to work again... This
D--- economy! And I'll never, ever
get married! This D--- economy!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

you know, I think this economy had made the Fauf a little more ridiculous. I love it!!! (<-- said in the usual "Kims" voice)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeeeze! This blasted economy has gotta turn around soon, or we're selling the little we have and are both
joining the Army. Going Under

1:15 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

Oh this darn economy is keeping me up late surfing the internet, snooping on facebook, and avoiding sleep!!!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Morgan Jane said...

I think as part of Obama's Economic Stimulus Package he should leave a comment on people's blog. You know, for change's sake.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

This D.... economy is not really affecting me much only our savings which have evaporated somewhat but I guess I will notice it later when I need the money.
Susie needs her sleep, so don't work any harder Susie nor you Farah!
Mum

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home