Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Snore Fest

I was at the doctors yesterday for a check-up and was watching this health show on their TV. One segment was called "Cute Things Falling Asleep". And they showed all these cute baby animals and some baby humans going about life and then suddenly literally falling over asleep! Some were really cute, like a little puppy resting his head on a coffee table, and it keeps slipping off as he dozes. Or the little chick nodding off. And some were really funny. Like this dachshund running in the yard that suddenly falls over asleep! Or this one year old baby sitting on the floor and he falls backward asleep! Apparently there's a website dedicated to this: cutethingsfallingasleep.org.

While I was laughing and cooing over these cute things and their ability to fall asleep spontaneously, I felt a little jealous too. Normally I'm a pretty good sleeper, I can fall asleep easily (as long as I didn't have too much caffein that day). But the last couple of nights have not been good sleep for the Fauf. A cold never helps. It took awhile to fall asleep, especially if I woke up during the night. Last night I almost dreaded the whole process as I lay down. Luckily I slept better. Now I thought I was sort of a cute thing, but I wish I could fall asleep as easily as them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep well, Fair Fauf, and enjoy a
peaceful and restful Memorial weekend wherever you are.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were those loud snore-snooze sounds we heard coming from the Shaw's Manor?

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home