Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, May 29, 2009

Stuff and Nonsense

So do you ever have a hard time taking yourself seriously as an adult (providing of course that you are an adult and not an eight-year old reading this blog. If you are an eight-year old or such, I hope you have permission to read this blog, as it may be too ridiculous for children). Anyways, there are moments when I do believe I am an adult, like when I deposit a paycheck, slide my debit card, boil water, or use the word "husband" in a conversation. Then there are moments (most of my moments) when I still think of myself as a youngling (Star Wars term for child). I find my imagination very active, when I'm engaging first graders in a story about a little mouse on vacation with a mini beach ball. I talk in silly voices to my husband in the privacy of the Manor. I envy babies when they're all bundled up and cozy. And I still find children's literature very amusing. In case you do take yourself too seriously as an adult, I've decided to introduce nonsensical quotes from great childish literature. I hope it tickles you with warm fuzzy feelings and helps you find your long-lost child within. (or finalizes your decision to stop reading this blog)

"Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One CAN'T believe impossible things.'
'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'

--Through the Looking Glass

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying, "My husband... or My wife"
does make one feel older, but we're all still younglings and hopelings at heart, no matter our ages.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summertime-Summertime. It's
Suuuuuuuummmmmmertime! All your hard work and success will lead
to extra sleep, rest , and fun in the near future... XXX The Happy Fortune Teller

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home