Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Randomly Fauf

So the past few days I've talked about something random and Michael has said "You should blog about that." But honestly there have been so many random things that I'm just not sure I have the time to write a blog about each one! So I've decided to dedicate one blog to them all. Here indeed are true confessions of a Fauf:

1. I think 4:00pm or in the general vicinity of this time is the worst time to call anyone. I have called 7 people and have gotten all their voice mails! Even my grandma wasn't available! I think that would be an interesting test to conduct about the top worst times to catch people available. Apparently Saturdays at 4:00pm is one of those worst times. Now I predict that within the next 2 hours everyone will return my calls...probably when I am already busy with something new or not in the mood to talk on the phone anymore. How inconvenient...

2. Last night I was craving ice cream, but GOOD ice cream. I suddenly really wanted this amazing ice cream we had in Tahoe. This ice cream was so good, that it seduced me to eat it and risk illness to my lactose-intollerant intestines. And I really wanted it last night. Instead Michael and I went to Rite Aid to get some (Michael didn't even know that Rite Aid had an ice cream bar), and got some very inexpensive yet satisfying ice cream...

3. Today I saw this old GMC van that looked unnaturally small. I wondered if those vans have always been small, but we always thought of them as big because back then most cars were made on a smaller scale (and as children we were smaller, so hence everything else seemed bigger). But now in comparison to all our big SUVs and trucks, that little old GMC van is viewed in its proper proportion...

4. God answered my prayer today. Last night I prayed that it would be overcast and maybe even rain so that I wouldn't feel bad for sleeping in and lounging around. And indeed that is how the day has shaped out to be...

5. Starbucks was very annoying this morning. Michael and I went there to play Scrabble. Their music kept stopping, then starting again. It would play half a song, then suddenly turn off. Then it would start again half way through another song. It was a bit unnerving, which added to my frustration over a lousy Scrabble game in which I had ALL the vowels. At one point I had three Os, two Es and I and one consonant: Z! Worst letters ever! By the way, has anyone else heard that ridiculous liberal song that Starbucks plays ALL the time? It's about "shining". And it lists all these random things to shine on (even more random than these confessions). Here is a snippet of the song: "Shine on red-light runners, shine on traffic jams, shine on lousy leadership, shine on frankenstein, shine on mass destruction, shine blah-blah-blah..."

6 Comments:

Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

want that ice cream too....let's drive up!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shine on, shaw...your blog entertained us on this winnie the pooish blustery day. now get out there and get some hot fudge with that ice cream

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F, this was a nice blog. I am sorry, I don't mean to be a nice prat, but your blog today was excellent. Very F. like, very much in character. Kudos, I am glad to see that though the two have become one, the better half has taken over.
~Parker

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 cheers for parker-1....2...3... hip-hip hurray! You,Fauf and hubby made my day.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh,happy halloween-it seems october flew by faster than a nimbus broomstick.....luv your blog : Minerva

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, I love going to Rite-Aid to get ice cream. It's pretty much beautiful. Except one time I went there after church on a Sunday night and there were like 15 people in line!!!! Can you believe it?! I waited though, I love that ice cream.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home