Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, October 08, 2007

Yoshi Has Hatched

Besides the whole being obsessed with October, Halloween and all things autominal, there has been another obsession at the Shaw house. (No, it's not the cute little bundle of boy-joy. He has yet to visit the Nest...but in two weeks, watch out Santa Maria!) Anyways, it is this little obsession that was brought out of retirement a few weeks ago: Super Mario World on GameBoy! Michael and I each have our own file on the game, and we're each at different levels. Let me just say that Michael is THE master of Mario. Fauf is the Padewan learner, and boy has she been learning. On game one she could barely get Mario to jump a ledge and bop a turtle. But now she has lept multiple ledges and bopped multiple turtles and in the process improved her skills significantly. She has conquered multiple worlds, haunted house, castles, and oceans. Some credit must go to Michael who has given her tips, helped her in a few sticky situations, and has given his moral support. (Yet one time when the Fauf and Ig raced for the game, Fauf got it first, but Michael used his size and strength to steal if from her, which she thought was cheating and not a very noble thing to do.) So there you have it: another obsession. You must get the impression by now that the Shaws are an imbalanced couple who are always flitting from one obsession to the other. You're right...although they never really take these obsession to much heart! Although this obsession has left Fauf's thumbs calloused and stiff.
In the words of Mario himself, "Mama Mia!"

9 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

How funny that you have been playing Mario ~ Eric rescued his Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 from his parents house last week, and we have been playing it together! I am HORRIBLE at it and have come to the conclusion that I must practice more on my own before I can be any real competition for Eric. After all, he did play it nonstop during his entire childhood, haha. How can I beat that! Almost unbelievably, I can beat him at Sonic the Hedgehog and Tetris and will always brag to him about it. HA!

Anyway, sounds like a blast, I LOVE Mario!

*HUGS*

7:14 AM  
Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Mario is an easily obsessive-able thing that is, at least in my book, completely normal. No need to fear, you are safe. And I think you need to come over for some more Kart action...

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMM-MICHAEL,MAYHEM,MISHAPS,
MARIO, AND MARRIAGE-I GET IT

5:26 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I love this blog. I love the topic. Give me more! MORE!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fauf's Yoshi Island-Jen's Donut Plains-Michael's Cookie Mountain-Parker's Paratroopers. Gotta love the Mario world. Sonic Expatriate

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Parker's Paratrooper? I dont even get that! Anonymous person, explain thyself!
~Parker

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parker-Paratroopas are in Super Mario World-You,Sir,are in the real world of paratrooper police and moving to a higher level soon...may the source be with you! Long live the Fauf and Jenster!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...when does Mr/s. Anonymous reveal themselves again? cuz i will give them a dollar. Seriously. One dollar. if you dont want to reveal yourself to the world, i can give you my number. I think i know who you are, but confirmation would be nice.
~Parker
PS: hi Hey Farah!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh man, Mario rocks. I too have been playing it on my Gameboy. I have to admit that it really is addicting. These comments are cracking me up. Fauf, do you want to sign my cast?? :o) Love you

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home