Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guts

So lately I've just been feeling gutsy. I've worn jeans two days so far this school year (usually frowned upon). Now granted they're really nice dark jeans that look like nice pants. But still, I checked the hand book and there's nothing that says specifically "no jeans". I decided to attend a meeting for a fundraiser that all of us teachers were upset about. I definitely spoke my mind, and even volunteered to head up one of the committees so I could manipulate it in the teachers' favor. As a result of this gutsiness of me and others, the ridiculous fundraiser was cancelled! Power to the teachers! I've also been wearing flip-flops in my classroom in the afternoons when my feet get hot (also frowned upon). But again there's no specific flipflop rule in the handbook, and I know for a fact that I am safer running in these flipflops that are second nature to me, than some of these other teachers in slip-ons and heels are. Anyways, needless to say, I have just been feeling gutsy, and I realized that the bottom line is yes, I need to be respectful, but I also need to be assertive. Because lets face it, no private school can afford to fire any teachers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No guts- no glory.Good for you...

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I salute you Mrs.Shaw! Down with authority!! Ok... that's the Feb in me talking. :o) I love you Fauf, more than words can say...

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home