Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Heartland

This weekend I made a visit down to my roots, my homeland, my clan. It was a great weekend, but like anything in life, it had it's pro's and con's:

Visiting Redlands:
Pro- saying "hello" to well-missed individuals
Con- saying "goodbye" to my dear husband

Sleeping at the Drazin House:
Pro- a bed to myself in which I was able to hog the covers with no complaints
Con- being wakened early Sat morning by a sister who had to work

A Day With Mom:
Pro- catching up with mummy on all types of things
Con- learning from mummy all types of things I didn't know about my family (namely my brother)

Surprise Birthday Lunch for Mom:
Pro- excitement with seeing relatives and Mom's shocked expression
Con- trying to get 15 people to order their food and then recognize it when it's served

Playing Mario with little brother Andrew:
Pro- learning all types of secrets, like keys and pipes and star roads
Con- beating a level on his game, but having to try and beat it all over again on my own game

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of heart and some heartburn in redlands.welcome back to halloween festivities and
excitments

9:27 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

you make me laugh! ahhh redlands and this weekend the Cass!!!! and Christopher (who may smile for you) GOOD TIMES! Yea for October

10:25 AM  
Blogger Morgan Jane said...

I'm glad you had a good time there...and got to catch up on all the family ways!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home