Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, March 12, 2007

Read At Your Own Risk

Fie upon this ridiculous time change! Fie upon the knave that conspired it! Fie, fie, fie!

(Sorry for reverting back to Shakespearean days when coloroful characters in tights waltzed around screaming "FIE!" upon every knave and rogue, whether they were disgusing themselves as members of the opposite sex or merely contemplating suicide.)

So whether you could tell or not, this time change has thrown me a bit off-kilter. Last night it was 10:30 pm before you could say "Bob's your uncle" (which may or may not be true for you, but somewhere in this roguish world it is true for some poor sap). But I did not feel even inclined to think about going to bed. Why? Oh, that's right...because it was REALLY 9:30pm! So it was about 11:45 (REALLY 10:45) when I actually closed my eyes and drifted off to Neverland.

THEN this morning my alarm went off and when I glanced toward my window, I noticed that even the sun was rebelling against this unnatural tyranny and wasn't quite up to its usual height. I thought this highly unfair, but I guess "not all is fair in love and war" (yes, I re-wrote it). I am in love and we are at war (not me and my love, of course), so I feel this statement is applicable to me.

I continued to have a ridiculous day with my students. I babbled on this morning about nonesense, but like all great teachers, I made it sound extremely important and detrimental to their passing the 3rd grade. I did silly things like misplace my white board markers all over the place. The most ridiculous thing I did was this:

I was sitting at my desk grading spelling tests. I was in the middle of grading Jordan's test when Adam asked me a question. I responded with "That's fine, Jordan", for Jordan was on the brain because I had just read his name on the test I was grading. Adam was polite enough not to scream at me and slap my head in hopes of getting me to think straight. I realized my mistake, apologized, and said "That's fine, Adam." Now because I had just said Adam's name while looking at him, I recorded Jordan's spelling test next to Adam's name in the grade book! Later when I came across Adam's spelling test and went to record it and saw a grade already there, I realized my mistake and fixed it. What a mess!

ANYWAYS, this blog, like everything else about this day, is turning out to be nothing but ridiculous nonesense that will probably have your head spinning like it once did when you read Alice Through the Looking Glass (the looney sequel to Alice in Wonderland, which I read as a child and was probably tainted for good--obviously because now years later on this off-kilter day I am quoting it.)

GEEZE! I just can't seem to stop this mumbo-jumbo of mad (meaning crazy) banter. If you are at all feeling negative effects from reading this blog, then blame it on this time-change wrought by the time tyrants and join with me as I run out into the streets and shake my fist at the sky and scream at the top of my lungs "FIE UPON YOU, KNAVES!"

(and then you can join me in either a coffin as we're flattened by traffic, or in Arkum Asylum as we're locked up for our insanity. And if you mention that this particular asylum is fictional, then you really do belong on the streets.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

So are you the one calling for George W's impeachment? Cause it sure did sound like that to me.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You know, I think it's a good idea to blame everything on the time change. "My stomach hurts!" time change. "My car wouldn't start!" time change. I think it will be a fun month. The Ides!!!!! beware!!!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Jen's stomach starts erupting and she says
beware....BEWARE!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

So I hate the time change, too Farah. But guess what?? Haiti didn't change time!!! Isn't that the funniest thing. Maybe you should come to Haiti to avoid the time change! :)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what? the time changed? I guess I was to busy sleeping in. I guess having sunday, monday and tuesday off ain't so bad.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home