Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, March 16, 2007

Indulgence

There are times in life when a little perspective is needed. There are times in life when one should step back from oneself and one's life and just look at things objectively. There are times in life when one needs to re-evaluate one's life. I wish I could tell you that right now is one such time, but it's not. On the contrary, I feel this blog needs to relish the ridiculous things consuming my life. I feel that now is not the time to step back, look at my ridiculous life, and gain some perspective on it. Nay, I feel I need to completely give into the ridiculousness of my life. So here goes...

1. Gilmore Girls is pretty much the greatest thing I'm watching right now, and I find myself being pulled into the characters and drama of this show. I feel no inclination to get a grip on reality.

2. I'm very much in love with Michael Shaw and don't care how much of my heart I've given away. Do not caution me to guard my heart any longer because it is too late for that.

3. My mind is buzzing with wedding plans and I am looking greatly forward to the next three and a half months. Don't anyone try to give me the whole 'calm-down-and-remember-it's-only-one-day-out-of-your-entire-life' speech.

4. My students performed a play for our chapel today and of course it had to do with Neverland. They all came to school dressed as indians, fairies, pirates, etc. and I do believe there is an element of magic in my classroom. Please save your lectures on reality v. imagination.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your whole life seems magical! Great! Go with it
and indulge-indulge-indulge.Is this just the beginning?????

9:05 PM  
Blogger Hannah Arlene said...

your ridiculous life sounds amazing to me! you know i've only seen a couple gilmore girls episodes but i really liked them. And i am so excited about your wedding, knowing you and michael i bet it is going to be one of the best weddings i've been to : )

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well it seems as if you're beyond help now. Time for some institutionalizing. Don't worry, I'll visit, I'll bring ramen.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home