Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nesting Omen



We've had a little addition to the Manor this week. A mother bird has decided to build a nest in our front door wreath! The past few days she's been nesting there, and we've been hearing strange noises at night. Last night I took the wreath down, thinking I had better save it inside. As I lowered it, I saw a tiny nest weaved in it! Not only that, it was packed with very very newborn babies! They must have just hatched, for they were SO tiny, packed together cozily, and were not even chirping yet. I carefully replaced the wreath without touching anything. I hope Mama Bird returns to care for them. Be gentle knocking on our front door the next few weeks!

We're hoping this is a good omen of things to come for the Shaws. Most people know we've been trying to conceive for awhile. We're itching to make our own nest for a little one. Perhaps this Mama Bird was sent by God as a friendly reminder that a baby is in our future soon!

Either that, or it's a sign of the bad economy, that even birds are hard up to afford their own house. They have to mooch off of civilization!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be neat and special if this were an omen and uplifting sign? LOL P.S. We'll knock gently. RCS

2:30 PM  
Blogger KYLE AND LISA said...

I love this post, definitely a sign of things to come!!! :)
xoxo Lisa & Kyle

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you! I know how hard TTC can be. We must take courage and gain acceptance from our Biblical reminders that God is ultimately the one in control!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Jenns said...

What a sweet "omen" which I'm sure it was. :o)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Here's to the next nest!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

you are adorable fauf!
dad everytime you right LOL i think laugh out loud...what do you mean?

you know i believe in symbols of hope the Spirit brings...praying.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL = Lots Of Love... and that's all I have to say about
that. XXOO Forrest Gump & RCS

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you both Farah.
I hope you won't have to wait much longer. Did the baby bird's mother come back to care for them?
Love,
Mum

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home