Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, July 12, 2010

Highlights

I've been adventuring all over California the last few weeks. I don't want to make anyone read a long account of my adventures. Rather I'll give you all little snippets...

So-Cal with the Drazin clan:
Mom's new guest room (courtesy of Noelle moving out) is darling

My cousin Jessica's nine-month old babe is so smiley and friendly--he literally climbed into my lap the first time I said 'hello'

Mimi marched in place and waved a mini US Flag while we all sang "She's a Grand Ol' Flag"!

Fourth of July at the Manor:
Our front yard proved again the best spot to watch city fireworks

Michael did his traditional crazy gnome dance around the street fireworks

Adelaide wasn't too keen on all the noise

Anniversary in Carmel:
Lunch at Antone & Michel's was worth the year-long wait

Every gallery owner pegged us as rich art connoisseurs and tried to sell us art

We got addicted to Cake Boss on TLC--may be our new fave TV show

Lake Tahoe with the Shaws:
We discovered a thrift store called "Funky Junk" and loved hearing 2 year old Christopher say "I wanna go to Funky Junk!"

Michael and I fell in love with a new artist at a local gallery and purchased our first piece of expensive fine art!

I laughed and argued with the rest of the Shaws during a game of Scattergories--funniest moment was when Jason and I both put down 'Bed Bath & Beyond' for an entry, hoping to get 3 points! We were quite bummed we both had that

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You forgot to mention how pleased you were to come home to a clean house...

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That Mimi is really something!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

boo hoo for leaving Tahoe...but YAHOO for new art coming your way. Good times ahead F.C. Shaw (geesh since dad is not online i am taking over his comment style)

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly have been living it up all over the west!
Your new art piece is perfect. Welcome home. Dad & Mum

2:34 PM  
Blogger KYLE AND LISA said...

Wow girl you have been super busy! Yay for summer fun. Umm we would have paid to see Mimi! :-)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home