Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Vacation Fauf

Hooray for Jesus dying on the cross!
Hooray for private schools who celebrate it!
Hooray for the vacation version of Fauf!

That's right. It's spring break, which has officially started as I type this. Granted I am still in my classroom (for it's my only internet access), but the children are gone, the classroom is clean, my lessons are planned for when I get back, and I am officially switching modes. I wrote a blog a while ago (I believe at the end of summer vacation) about the two different versions of Fauf. Vacation version emerges only a few times a year: Christmas, Spring, and Summer vacations. What are the signs to look for in the vacation version of Fauf?
1. Fauf staying up past 10:00pm on a weekday
2. Fauf wearing casual non-teachery clothes
3. Fauf doing creative things like writing, painting, etc.
4. Fauf making no references to students, classes, etc.
5. Fauf making a trip down to the homeland

WARNING: vacation Fauf can be silly, spontaneous, and have no sense of routine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for vaca fauf!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Hannah Arlene said...

oh man i don't think i've ever apprecatied spring break till i started public school.
it's amazing.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go and have tons of fun, Vacation Fauf- Laziness and
spontaneity rule..Hurrah for holidays

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home