Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ode to a New Father

Because I am a mother, I may not have time to post a blog this week in time for Father's Day. So to be safe, I'm gonna post an early blog in honor of a brand new father this year: Mr. Michael Shaw, father to Westly Shaw. From the moment Westly plopped out into this world (he literally plopped), Michael has been a great father.

The first two weeks, Michael really stepped up and did laundry, cleaned the house, made sure I ate and drank, and changed diapers.

Now that life has started to get more evened out, he gets to do more fun things as a dad, like playing with Westly, carrying him around Target so I could try on clothes, taking him downstairs in the morning so I can sleep an extra hour, moving laundry from washer to dryer, and making up new nick-names for the Doodle, like Ludvig von Baby!

Happy Father's Day to the love of my life!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great one! Happy New Father's Michael.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks, hopefully I will step it up over the summer so I can take charge over the summer to give you a break. I love the Mini, and you Regular Sized-Doodle.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, delightful doodles with a loyal and strong dad. Happy First Father's Day! RCS

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Michael! I know I'm early but you can read this again on Sunday! :)
Love,
Mum

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home