Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Hollow Leg

I used to think it was absurd how much food my dad and brothers could pack away. They eat full meals like an infant: every few hours. When my dad goes to a restaurant, he doesn't just order one entree. He orders a salad, an entree, maybe an appetizer all for himself. And he still manages to finish anything we girls can't finish. Whenver they come to visit, I have to have lots of snacks on hand and it seems like our time together consists of talking and eating. My grandma always says the boys have hollow legs.

Well, now I can relate to them. Since breastfeeding, I am burning an extra 500 calories a day (so the books say). I am constantly hungry and I really haven't felt stuffed since before Westly came. Today I went to Subway and got a foot-long sandwich, determined to finally get stuffed, for I actually miss that feeling. I ate the whole thing and a little bag of chips and I felt satisfied....

...but not really stuffed.

I think I have a hollow leg.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it! Do I see two footlongs in the future, double lattes, and super sized portions? Summer is on its
way with double scoops of ice cream, chocolate shakes, and more. The Drazin boys have met their match!! RCS

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Westly is showing your extra calories by growing like a beanstalk!
Keep eating!
Love,
Mum

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home