Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Irish Day



Such a funny holiday, St Patrick's Day. I think the funniest thing about it is that it's one of those few random holidays that Americans love to celebrate, whether they're Irish or not. There are not too many of those. I mean, not everyone loves to celebrate the Chinese New Year (unless you're a kindergarten classroom or something). No one thinks much of Canada's Thanksgiving. But come St. Patty's day, everyone pulls out their green wardrobe and eats poor-man's food (no one makes a meal out of cabbage unless they're impoverished, like Charlie Bucket).

Well, this year, I have to say, I'm one of those Americans. I'm wearing the one green sweater I own, and we're going to eat corn beef and cabbage for the first time tonight, compliments of some great friends who want to spend the holiday with me and my picky husband. But we've agreed: we're game for anything on this St. Patty's Day!

PS For those of you who were hoping Westly would come today so you could add the second middle name of Patrick (hem, hem, Ig Master), I don't think we'll be that lucky!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top of the spring to all ye Shaws- such a grand old Irish Clan- and many more happy holidays to our
dear little Westly. Love, Saint Patty

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had lots of green Farah. It certainly suits you as a color. Belated greetings for St.
Patrick's day!!
Love,
Rose

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home