Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Languishing Lady

My mum-in-law called and left a message today, wondering how I was doing as a languishing lady. She was referring to the new Fauf that has finished work and may not go back until.....who knows? It feels good to not have to work, or think about work, and it comes at a good time because I am getting bigger, more sore, and more sleep deprived because of all of the above. It's nice to have insomnia and not have to worry about getting up early to work....I have time to sleep in a little or take a nap the next day.

However, if you know anything about the Fauf, you know she is far from idle. I've been checking off projects on my Do To list. Here's what I've been up to my first week off work:

Deep-cleaned the house: dusted all the blinds, aired the drapes, scrubbed the tub, vacuumed crevices, etc.

Prepped taxes: itemized everything for my job and book business, have everything ready for our tax man, prayed God will be gracious with us this year!

Photos: changed some photos in our frames in the hallway, just for a new look

Author visits: did an author visit at May Grisham, and I have one more tomorrow at Pine Grove

Called Mimi: I haven't had a chance to chat with my grandma in awhile, so we got to catch up with each other

Nursery: sorted through all the great hand-me-down baby clothes from sister-in-law Katie, organized the changer, took inventory of what I still need

Book 3: I printed a draft of my 3rd book I've been working on and plan to pass it onto my editor RC Shaw soon

I did manage to have some fun also.I spent Monday with my hubby who had the day off too. I got to spend the afternoon with a friend who is due any day now with her 3rd baby. I baked some cookies and watched I Love Lucy episodes the other day. I've managed to have energy for my Mighty Mommies workout, and a neighborhood walk. And I've enjoyed feeling/watching Westly move more, and have been talking and singing to him as much as I can.

I'd say, all in all, my first week off work has been pretty good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! If this was the Languishing Fauf, what
will the Laboring Fauf be like? At this pace she might even morph into
Fauf Lightyear! XOXO RCS

7:51 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Love you, Doodle! Keep up the fun!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home