Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The End of an Era

Being that I'm just 2 weeks away from Westly's due date, the reality of it all is starting to take hold of me. One thing I've been thinking a lot about is how I won't be pregnant anymore...I've gotten quite used to looking and feeling this way, it will be a shock to not have this belly anymore! I'm one of the rare women who have actually LOVED being pregnant, that I think I might actually miss it. Here's a list of things I will miss about being pregnant, and then a list of things I will not miss...

I will miss....

1. Not worrying about having a flat belly, especially after a big meal--the baby bump has covered that up

2. The extra thickness and luster of my hair--I hardly ever shed a hair, even in the shower

3. My skin being clear and glowing

4. Learning all about pregnancy and this developing baby

5. Feeling him move inside me--it's like having a little friend with me all the time

I will NOT miss...

1. Not being able to sleep on my back--can't wait to have a third sleeping position option again

2. Having to change out my wardrobe every few weeks and taking twice as long to get ready because clothes suddenly don't fit

3. Having to pee ALL the time

4. Being sore after simple tasks like bending down to pick something up, doing housework, or just getting in and out of the car

5. Seeing numbers on the scale when I weigh in that I've never seen before in my life

So there will be some things to mourn and some things to look forward to with the end of this pregnancy. Above all, I can't wait to meet and cuddle this little Fig!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

i am soooo excited for you guys!!! i was just grinning ear to ear thinking 2 weeks! (or less)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This list is so Fauf. I love you! <3 -ig

9:23 PM  
Blogger Whitney @ The Sweetest Things said...

Farah I think our lists would be VERY similar! I have had those same exact thoughts at the end of both of my pregnancies! Can't wait to meet the precious little guy!! Enjoy your last couple of weeks they're going to fly by :)

We love you guys!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blog- right on! Can't wait for the arrival of your little one!

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited about Westly's coming arrival too. I had similar feelings when I was pregnant all those years ago.
Mum

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home