Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Delights

This week I've had little moments of little pleasures that delighted me. I like when God sends little reminders that He's thinking of me, in the form of little blessings. Of course they are just as ridiculous as this blog, and you will probably think Fauf is more ridiculous than you thought, but I just wanted to share them with you. And I urge you not to cancel your readership of my confessions here.

I literally gasped aloud with delight when I found my Special K cereal on sale at Albertson's the other day--I bought 3 boxes.

On St. Patrick's day, I ate a baked potato with all the goodies for lunch--totally a spontaneous thing I discovered when I walked into the teacher's lounge.

Today I ventured to the bright and airy Trader Joe's that just opened--I indulged in gouda cheese, tangerine juice, and Pirates Booty.

This week I found a red envelope in my mailbox--we got our first Netflix!

I made banana bread the other night, a recipe from my dear Mimi--it made me think happy thoughts about her.

I was just told that I can get free refills on my ice tea at any Starbucks because of my gold card--I am planning my day around doing that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is a golden delight too- thank you. Now go get those refills and sunshine!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Veralynn said...

Can you really get free refills on iced tea at Starbucks with a Gold card? I had no idea.
You just made my day...

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeeeze-St. Patrick's Day this year has a Starbuck's Gold card at the end of my rainbow! Who woulda
thought? I'm getting one. XX Now In The Know

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you publish the banana bread recipe? It's one of our favorites. Carboholic

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home