Confessions of a Fauf

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Summer Fever

We have 3 1/2 weeks of school left. I know, it's really not that much and it's hard to believe that our school year has come to that ending already! I'm getting excited and some of my students are getting excited. But I have to keep my composure and help them keep their composure as well.

One of my little boys has been literally bouncing all over the place. He can't sit still in his chair, he keeps making background sound effect noises, and he's whispering to other students annoying little things while doing math! I finally pulled him aside and asked him why his behavior was unusually bothersome. He said, "Mrs. Shaw, I'm just really excited about summer vacation!" I told him I was too, but we still had a little ways to go and we still had lots to do. I told him I needed him to keep his self-control until the last week of school, then we can dance around and sing, "Hooray for summer vacation!" But not before! He said he'd do his best....I couldn't help laughing.

Some students are clueless as to the crunching time-frame. I'm not sure when to announce how close the end of the school year is. I don't want some of them to check out, but then I want to warn some of them who are growing quite attached to 3rd grade. Perhaps I'll tell them when we have two weeks left...

In the meantime, Mrs. Shaw is getting excited about summer too. I can't wait to stay up later, sleep in later, go where I want and do what I want without having to be somewhere at a certain time everyday. It's so glorious!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait-can't wait -summertime's great!!! Keep those little wild horses in the corral until at least the rodeo. Yah.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer,Glorious Summer-Sunshine,siestas,smoozing,surprises,and special
moments await you!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home