Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Project Cake

I met one of my cooking/baking resolutions this month: bake a cake from scratch. I decided since it was my first cake from scratch, I would go all out and make a chocolate mud cake for Valentines. It proved to be quite a process and I did things I had never done before:
I started by hand-chopping dark chocolate that was then melted.
I had to separate the yolks from the whites
Then I did something I had never done before nor knew was possible: whipped the egg whites until they foamed like hair mousse!
To make the frosting, I chopped more dark chocolate and melted it in a bowl over a pot of simmering water
I baked two cakes, stacked them, and filled the middle between them with home-made whipped cream
It was quite delicious, but lots of work!

We shared dinner and the mud cake with our dear Susie



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cake looks scrumptious and the place settings are a delight to the eye... Any leftovers or crumbs? RCS

12:29 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

It was such a nice night! Thanks Faufy. <3

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home