Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, October 01, 2010

October 1st

October 1st is like a holiday for the Shaws. Our tradition of noting this day started when I first moved to Santa Maria back in 2006. October 1st I left a little Halloween goody in Michael's box at the preschool when he was still working there. Ever since then, I have made October 1st special by baking a pumpkin goody and giving Michael a little Halloween gift. We've also made this the day we bring out our Halloween decorations (different from fall decorations BTW) and bring out our Halloween-Fall themed movies.

Both of us love the month of October. For us, it is the biggest month of autumnal festivities. We go to a Sleepy Hallow dinner theatre with my family, we host our Halloween dinner for friends, we watch our old classics like Hocus Pocus and the Addams Family, we go to Avila Barn, and drink and eat all things pumpkin!

For us, October also signifies the start of the holiday season: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. We get excited anticipating and participating in our many family traditions that make each holiday a unique treat.

Today I baked Martha Stewart's pumpkin cookies (yum!), wrapped a little gift, and set out the box of Halloween decorations and movies.

Hooray for October the First!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Halloween traditions! Happy October to you and your little Fig.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I'm worried and I can't sleep,
I count my blessings instead of sheep,
And I fall asleep counting my blessings...

And YOU are an especially dear one.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home