Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Those Darn Pigeons!

I probably sound like an old woman who's lived in her house far too long...

But these darn pigeons are driving me nuts! They're roosting on our roof and chimney. I hear them not only cooing, but scratching and moving around on the roof tiles, and it's kinda freaking me out. When I look out on the roof from our bathroom window, I see tons of dried pigeon poop, and that aggravates me because I like a clean house and there's not much I can do about keeping a clean roof.

We enjoyed our little mother sparrow last month with her nest in our wreath, but that was not an invitation for all birds of a feather to flock together at the Manor. And pigeons are terminally stupid, so I doubt there's any reasoning with them to leave.

I am not the bird woman, but I would definitely pay someone more than tuppence a bird to exterminate them from the premises.

Suggestions???

6 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Ha ha! Remember how we discussed putting the owl up? We were in Pismo last month and one of the businesses had two fake owls on top of their roof, completely surrounded by pigeons. :/ So much for that idea!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I think what you really need to do is put a wheel on top of your house so the storks will come and be a blessing to your house (hopefully in more ways than one). :)

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call a pest control company and ask them how much they would charge to discourage these noisy visitors.
Love,
Mum

2:49 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

o dear me...

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zap those critters! Maybe Snoopy's friend Woodstock
has some pointers.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Veralynn said...

Air soft gun! I won't tell PETA.

- VP

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home