Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, January 04, 2010

Things To Do

We're all about resolutions right now. And I've been giving this a lot of thought. I used to make goal in different categories of life (spiritual, professional, etc.) Last two years I made a resolution to read at least a book a month, and have been successful with that. I think it's now a habit. I have a few things I'd like to be better at this year: love my hubby more, eat healthier (cut down sweets and sodium and drink more water), and meet my writing goals.

But I think my biggest resolution is to live a life of worship. This is a bit abstract, but it's a desire of mine, as I have been reminded that our lives are a sweet offering to God. Here are some ways I plan to make this resolution more concrete:

Praise God everytime I start to worry or complain

Meditate on Scripture by posting verses on my bathroom mirror or in my day planner

Be more specific in my prayer requests

Offer my talents, time, money, etc. to God to use

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you about my specific prayer request to be pregnant with a baby in September 1979 when it was already near the end of August?
Even if I did not tell you you will know who arrived to show me it is a promise of God that He is gracious (that is what her name means).
Love,
Mum

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Times are coming!!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home