Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, July 10, 2008

INspiration

To say the least, Carmel was wonderful, inspiring, romantic, and all together lovely. I always get inspired to paint and be creative. And I enjoy eating out at fine dining. And I always wonder how I can somehow manage to live there someday...that devious scheme is still festering in my brain. Anyways, I am home now, and already sketching, and painting, and writing, and .... still festering. Great places that inspire you are to be commended and visited often. I'm sure we can all find inspiration in our own environments, but lets be real: there are just some places in the world that are down-right un-inspiring. Like San Bernardino. Or Compton. Or King City. Or how about Heathrow Airport in England. And let's not forget Donovon Street locally. These are places to be avoided if you want to keep inspiration a steady flow in your psyche. So if you have any upcoming plans to visit or pass through these uninspiring places, you may want to re-rout yourself. Of course if you are someone not affected by your environment or if you want to evolve into a Scrooge with no inspiration, then by all means, book a trip for Rialto.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farah, I totally agree kings city and san bernarndino are lousy places for creativity. But i think you are just looking at compton all wrong. my brief detour into that lovely community was a highlight of my young life. and as to donovan street, well, i am afraid you are mistaken there. It is actually one of my favorite streets in santa maria. I mean, you got the rancho bowl, the evans park projects, the discount mall, and a wide assortment of people and things to do and see. if that place cant stir your creativity, then quite frankly i dont know what will. Carmel...pah on carmel.
~Parker

1:02 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

or try highway 5 through gilroy and san quintin...lovely?!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still am happy that I don't live in Barstow or Needles whenever i
pass through. I know there is the occasional oasis
in the desert,but as for me give me the sea close by...
Sinbad the Sailor

3:15 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

eww donovon..I remember living over there. that was not fun.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Donovan road brings back old memories of childhood. There was the chili factory smell and the horse stables. I also had a paper route there. Then there were the not-so-happy memories too. I'll place my uninspiring vote on the state of Nevada. That place is a wasteland.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Now don't go knocking San Berdoo and Rialto too much. We loved our little home on Marshall Blvd. Such a short distance from the "mountains". We knew we could get in our car and be sitting by Lake Gregory in just 30 minutes. And of course our home there was adorable with its white awnings.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home