Confessions of a Fauf

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dear Orcutt

So the last time I blogged, I guess I just went on and on about the cottage. Well, it's not just the cottage that I'm loving--I've fallen in love with the Orcutt community as well. My hubby has always loved the Orcutt community, but it took some time for me to love it. But now I do. We take walks everyday in our neighborhood, where children ride their bikes, older neighbors walk their dogs, and mothers stroll their toddlers. We peruse Farmer's market on Tuesdays where I get inspired to make new gourmet meals with fresh ingredients (and get a long-missed taste of Europe for a bit). We visit our little Orcutt library (where I am writing this blog now) and check out great classics like Agatha Christie (which takes me back to my high school years growing up). We sample delicious baked goods from Tan Top, refresh ourselves with Blenders, and run into people we know. I must say, it's quite the charming community to be in.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orcutt does grow on you - a nice little place far from the maddening crowd...An Old Orcutt Fan

3:26 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

well i must say you add some charm to it...i felt like i was wondering through a quaint european village. looking forward to wondering around my new neighborhood soon! (o;

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder and wander and then I wander and wonder--Orcutt's a good town

1:02 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

oops i mean when we wander around and wonder about what lies ahead on the central coast

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suz rules the O.C. and will soon rule S.L.O. ... Oh
happy days are on their way....Have a sparkling July!!!!
Happy First Anniversary.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Bah! Agatha Christie.... I know you've been checking out trashy romance novels... Danielle Steele is now a household name for you isn't it? Orcutt is nice and all, but it is still pretty close to Santa Maria and that makes it kind of smelly. I do enjoy walking to the cottage on warm summer nights, or at least that one warm summer night we had a few weeks ago.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm on to French romance novels: the Scarlet Pimpernel! ahaha

Fauf

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home